Meet ProdPad’s new Portfolio Canvas
Keeping a clear course across multiple teams is essential for your company’s strategy. A solid portfolio canvas can improve transparency and ensure that everyone in the business understands how their work contributes to the overall strategy. This is the first step to ensuring your product roadmap focuses on outcomes instead of outputs.
We’ve released a brand new Portfolio Canvas. This is so we can help facilitate communication in cross-functional teams.
The concept of a canvas helps teams focus on the value proposition of the product, the problems being solved, and the customer segments impacted. Its flexible template can be used as a baseline for team discussions, strategy meetings, and executive and stakeholder buy-in.
How does the Portfolio Canvas work?
By default, ProdPad offers you ten fully customizable text boxes. The following are available on all Advanced+ accounts:
- Value Proposition – What value does your portfolio aspire to create?
- Customer Segments – Who are you providing value for?
- Problems to Solve – What problems are you trying to solve?
- Solutions to your Problems – What are the possible solutions to the outlined problems?
- Advantages – What advantages do you have over your competition?
- Channels – How do you reach your target customers?
- Key Resources – How can using resources help you to succeed?
- Cost Structure – What are the most important costs to consider?
- Social Good /Sustainability – Creating social good that goes beyond revenue.
- Revenue Streams – What are your main sources of revenue?
All text is fully customizable. So, feel free to add your own headers and descriptions. Or, if you feel really inspired – add some emoji flair, too. 🎉